How to Make Money Online - One Tip to Improve Page RankTo make money online blogging you don't need a high page rank but you do need to get to page 1 of Google and preferably to th top 3 on page 1. Here is my list of one easy tip to help you move up the SERPS . They say lists are popular and act as linkbait! So, as I'm lazy I've limited myself to a list of one. Make the most of it!
They also say that to improve your page rank you need to get backlinks. So how do you get backlinks and more importantly how do you get backlinks from blogs with a higher pagerank than yours ? You comment on their blogs of course, but you probably knew that already. So how do you know which blogs to comment on ? Read on.
This is the real tip - follow these easy-to-follow steps and you may stand a chance of making money online at last !
- Go to this page rank analysis site - Smart Page Rank
- Type in the domain name you want information on, in the 'check domain' window (you can put your own domain name in - but it will probably be more useful (after you've looked at your own wonderful stats.) to put in the domain name of a big or medium-sized guru blogger)
- Click on 'check domain'
- Scroll down to the bit that says 'backlinks'
- Click on 'Try our new backlinks analyzer'
- Have a look at the results - glorious or embarrassing ?! :-(
- Pay particular attention to those links that have a PR higher than your own
- Tick the box to show the 'no follow' tags (for any posts which have a 'no follow' policy the word 'yes' shows up in the column on the right)
- Click on any high-ranking link, that does not have a 'no-follow' tag, that takes your fancy
- You will be directed to their site where you can pick a post and make a spammy comment (only kidding - you need to make a thoughtful and insightful comment on something related to your own site/topic/interest, otherwise the spam filters will probably boot you out and you may get into trouble with goo know who)
- Repeat until you're sick of it
- (This is why it is better to have a look at other people's statistics) - you will find places you never knew existed - if you type in the name of your favourite big name blogger you will see what backlinks they've got ( there are no secrets on the web) and you can go pay them a visit (flowers or chocolate are always appreciated)
- AN UPDATE : I just came across this post on the beautiful Rebblogirl's blog - Rsspieces - about the perils of excessive reciprocal linking, which I recommend as a highly illuminating read Reciprocal Linking Penalties
It is important to make interesting comments mainly on sites that are related to your own topic, as Google is everywhere watching what you do. If you suddenly start getting backlinks to a whole host of unrelated PR7 blogs they might do terrible things to your account. So use a bit of common sense !